The Fairmount Park Conservancy is pleased to offer a variety of individual volunteer workday opportunities to help support the preservation and improvement of the park system in Philadelphia. These opportunities include:
- Park Clean-up: Help keep the parks clean by removing litter and debris.
- Trail Maintenance: Assist with maintaining hiking and biking trails by removing fallen branches, cutting back overgrowth, and more.
- Tree Planting: Help to improve the park's ecosystem by planting new native trees and shrubs.
- Invasive Plant Removal: Help to control invasive plant species that can harm the park's native flora and fauna.
- Garden Maintenance: Assist with maintaining the park's gardens by weeding, pruning, and watering.
- Historic Preservation: Help to preserve the park's historic buildings, monuments, and other structures.
Multiple locations, please see below.
What to Wear and Bring
· We strongly recommend wearing long pants that cover your ankles and long sleeves to protect your arms.
· Sturdy, closed-toe shoes like boots or sneakers are required (no ballet flats, flip flops, or sandals).
· Please bring a reusable water bottle. We will provide jugs for refilling.
· Volunteers are also required to wear gloves while working. Gloves will be provided, but you are also welcome to bring your own.
· You may also want to consider wearing a hat or sunglasses.
· In general, please wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
· We will provide all the tools, supplies, and materials for the project, including gloves.
· We will provide snacks and a water cooler to refill your bottles.
· We will provide bug spray, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and wipes.
· Please bring a mask (optional).