"Philadelphia locals who love the outdoors are particularly fond of walking, jogging or biking the scenic 8.5-mile riverfront “Loop”. The Loop is what we call the recreational path that runs from near the Art Museum to the west side of the Schuylkill River on Martin Luther King Drive, then crosses the Falls Bridge in East Falls, and continues along Kelly Drive back to Boathouse Row, Lloyd Hall and the Art Museum".
Meet-up Spot, Parking, Travel
Meeting point: the parking lot across from the Boelsen Cottage (Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Philadelphia, PA 19131.
Please don’t leave valuables or anything visible in your vehicles.
Join FPC staff, community leaders, and an awesome group of volunteers for a volunteer workday.
Hosted by Fairmount Park Conservancy. Together, we will work on:
- Removing invasive vines from natives trees
- Trash pick up
What to Wear and Bring
· We strongly recommend wearing long pants that cover your ankles and long sleeves to protect your arms.
· Sturdy, closed-toe shoes like boots or sneakers are required (no ballet flats, flip flops, or sandals).
· Please bring a reusable water bottle. We will provide jugs for refilling.
· Volunteers are also required to wear gloves while working. Gloves will be provided, but you are also welcome to bring your own.
· You may also want to consider wearing a hat or sunglasses.
· In general, please wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
* Winter gear as needed
· There is plenty of parking!
· There are no bike racks, but we can keep your bike with us to keep an eye on it.
· We will provide all the tools, supplies, and materials for the project, including gloves.
· We will provide snacks and a water cooler to refill your bottles.
· We will provide bug spray, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and wipes.
· Please bring a mask (optional).
Note: The location may change in the future
If you are under 18 and planning to volunteer with us, please be sure to come with a chaperone/family member or to be previously approved.