Chamounix Meadow - Trolley Trail
4200 Chamounix Drive, Philadelphia. PA 19131
Chamounix Drive is a paved road in West Fairmount Park that stretches for two miles. Originally built as a "speedway" for horse drivers, today the drive is lined with historic landmarks, athletic courts, woods, meadows, and trail access points. Chamounix Meadow is located right along Chamounix Drive in West Fairmount Park. It is one of the many meadows you'll find throughout the park. Be sure to visit during different seasons to see how the meadow changes throughout the year.
Meet-up Spot, Parking, Travel
Please meet at our Park Hub in the large parking lot on Chamounix Drive near South Chamounix Drive.
**Please don’t leave valuables or anything visible in your vehicles.**
Join us for a volunteer service day, hosted by Fairmount Park Conservancy. Together, we will work on:
- Removing invasive species
- Weeding tree pit
- Trash pick up
- Maintenance of trail entrance & more
Starting Thursday June 9th, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm.
What to Wear and Bring
· We strongly recommend wearing long pants that cover your ankles and long sleeves to protect your arms.
· Sturdy, closed-toe shoes like boots or sneakers are required (no ballet flats, flip flops, or sandals).
· Please bring a reusable water bottle. We will provide jugs for refilling.
· Volunteers are also required to wear gloves while working. Gloves will be provided, but you are also welcome to bring your own.
· You may also want to consider wearing a hat or sunglasses.
· In general, please wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
· There is plenty of parking!
· There are no bike racks, but we can keep your bike with us to keep an eye on it.
· Buses 38 and 40 stop along nearby Belmont Avenue, but please be extremely careful. walking from these stops as there are no sidewalks and vehicles tend to speed in this area.
· We will provide all the tools, supplies, and materials for the project, including gloves.
· We will provide snacks and a water cooler to refill your bottles.
· We will provide bug spray, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and wipes.
· Please bring a mask (optional).
Note: The location may change in the future
Eduardo Duenas wrote on July 21st, 2022
Dear Volunteers, For today's Volunteer Workday Thursday July 21st, we are going to focus on watering the young trees & shrubs at the different sites of Chamounix Dr picnic areas. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. If you are not able to make it, let me know for planning purposes.
Eduardo Duenas wrote on July 12th, 2022
Thanks to Jeff C, Sharon Jackson & Thomas Korman for volunteering on June 30th to clear/mark the trail entrance of the Chamounix Trolley Trailhead. We received positive feedback from a community leader and bike users.
Eduardo Duenas wrote on June 23rd, 2022
I'm looking forward to seeing you today.
We will have a little bit more rain until 5 pm.
Please let me know if you are still good to help Chamounix Dr. plantation.