This 17.4-acre site includes a pool, tennis and basketball courts, sports fields, and a hockey court. The five-room recreation building has a gymnasium, public computing center, weight room, and multi-purpose spaces that host a variety of activities. In 1873, the City bought land here known as Wentz Farm. A reservoir for drinking water was built on the site. In 1925 the site was converted to a playground. The recreation center buildings were added later. The field here was named in honor of John C. Hunter in 1950.